When you visit our site, our servers may be automatically logging the standard data sent to us by your web browser. This data is essential to responding to requests your browser sends us and usually includes your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on each page, and other details.
- Social Media Profiles
- Phone number
- Work address
- Geolocation data
- Device Data
This data will only be requested if you access our services or require features that need this data to work.
Legal basis for processing
- It’s necessary for a contract you enter with us (for example, when you request a service that we provide and we give it to you);
- It satifies a legitimate interest where the processing is not required by law but is of clear benefit to you or others;
- You give us consent to do so (for example if you give us permission to email you a newsletter or product update);
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation;
- You can withdraw consent at any time, however this will not affect any processing that has already happened;
We endeavour not to keep personal data for longer than we need it. While we have your data, we protect it within acceptable means to prevent loss, theft and unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. If necessary we may retain your data for our compliance with legal obligation, or in order to protect your vital interests. We cannot guarantee absolute data security and advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Collection and use of information
- Provide Service
International data transfer
Your rights around and controls of your data
Information from third-parties
Restriction of processing
Information from third-parties
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice
(LAST UPDATED: 4/24/2020)
Categories of Personal Data that We Collect
- Any categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (“California Consumer Records statute information“). This includes, but it is not limited to, information such as a name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. This category of information may overlap with other categories and does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records
- Identifiers (“Identifiers”) such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Social Media Profiles
- Geolocation data (“Geolocation data”). This type of personal information includes data related to your physical location or movements in space.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (“Internet information”), including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
Categories of Sources of Personal Data
- We obtain your personal information when you provide it to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means). For example, you directly provide your personal information through your submissions or requests made via spindletop.net.
- We receive personal information indirectly when you navigate spindletop.net, as personal information about you and usage details are automatically observed and collected (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to spindletop.net and other technical communications information).
- We receive your personal information from third parties who provide it to us that work with us in connection with the service that we provide or with the functioning of spindletop.net
Why we collect personal data and the purposes for how we use it
We may use your personal information to permit the operational functioning of spindletop.net and features thereof (“business purposes”). In this case, your personal information will be processed in such a fashion that is necessary and proportionate to the business purpose for which it was collected, and strictly within the limits of compatible operational purposes.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons such as for commercial purposes, as well as for complying with the law and defend our rights before the competent authorities in case our rights and interests are threatened or we suffer an actual damage.
In particular, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service and fulfil your requests about it
- for all other purposes as described when we collect your personal information on spindletop.net.
We will not use your personal information for any different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data for a business purpose or sale
We may disclose the personal information we collect about you to a third party for a business purpose.
In this case, we enter into an agreement with such third party that describes the purpose of the sharing of such personal information and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purposes other than those necessary for the performance of the agreement.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, in order to provide you with our service.
The information below lists the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information in different contexts.
- software companies that power your device, app stores, and companies that provide common tools and information for apps about app consumers (“Operating Systems and Platforms”)
- companies that connect individuals around common interests and facilitate sharing (“Social networks”)
- companies that collect and analyze your data (“Data Analytics Providers”)
Categories of personal data that we disclose for a business purpose or sale
- CCRSI,IDENTIFIERS: Operating Systems and Platforms, Social networks, Operating Systems and Platforms, Social networks, Operating Systems and Platforms, Social networks, Operating Systems and Platforms and Social networks
- Social Media Profiles: Operating Systems and Platforms and Social networks
- GEOLOCATION: Data analytics providers
- INTERNET: Data analytics providers
Children’s Personal Data
Sale of your personal data
Do not sell my personal information
spindletop.net does not offer an opt-out from the sale of personal information because spindletop.net does not engage in the sale of personal information as contemplated by the CCPA.
Requests under the CCPA
1) You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- our business or commercial purpose for using your personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- the specific pieces of personal information that we hold about you
- in case of sale of personal data, we will make sure that you receive two separate lists where we disclose:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12 months.
If we deliver our answer electronically, the information enclosed will be “portable”, i.e. delivered in an easy usable format in order to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance, provided that this is technically feasible.
2) You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, subject to the following exceptions:
- if we need your personal information to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, or otherwise perform our agreement with you.
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of spindletop.net
- exercise free speech or exercise another right provided for by law
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (“CalECPA”) and with any other legal obligation that lies with us.
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us
- make any other internal and lawful uses of your personal information in such a fashion that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the exceptions above applies, as a result of the exercise of your right, we will delete your personal information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
How to make requests
To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by:
- writing us an email at the contact details provided in this document, or, if it is the case, follow the specific instructions provided on spindletop.net
For us to respond to your request, it’s necessary that we know who you are.
Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not respond to any request if we are not able to verify your identity and confirm the personal information in our possession actually relates to you.
If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
You can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of a consumer’s privacy rights
You have the right to not be discriminated if you exercise your rights.
This means that we will not put in place conducts such as denying you access to our service or to on-going promotions, lowering the service standards, increasing the prices, suggesting that a different price or quality may be offered or, in general, acting in such a way that will discourage the exercise of your rights.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org